How To Improve Your Chances at Blackjack
Essentially, blackjack is a game of playing the odds which you can improve with a few simple tricks:
Gone are the days when you could sit and watch a dealer play with two or three decks and work out which cards had gone and which were left. Most casinos now play with six or more decks to stop actual card counting, but you can use the count to help improve your chances. Basically, each card lower than a 6 counts as a plus one to the count, whilst court cards and aces act as a plus one. By moving the count up and down after each hand, you’ll get an idea whether it’s more or less likely that there are court cards and aces coming up or smaller worthless cards.
Hit ‘Em High
Unless you’re planning to make money from blackjack as a business, you have to accept that you’ll win some and lose some. However, the closer you are to 21, the more likely you are to beat the banker statistically, so it always makes sense to hit on a high pair of cards to improve your odds.
Don’t Double Down
Finally a word on doubling down. This never improves your odds, so it’s only worth doing in exceptionally rare cases such as a blackjack or a five card trick. In other situations, you’ll most likely be throwing your money away.
- Games You Can Play On Your Smartphone
- Different Strategies for Roulette
- Besting Omaha Hold’em
- Cross-Linked for the Sake of Poker
- Earn More Money by Being a Poker Affiliate
- Video Poker – A Game That Deserves More Attention
- Upgrade Your Poker Playing Skills
- The basics of Omaha Poker
- Funny slots – make the game a hoot
- All you Need to Know About Poker
- Start Your Online Casino Today With These Easy Steps
- How To Improve Your Chances at Blackjack
- The history behind roulette
- Keeping Up With The Slots
- Popular games on online casinos